Re: NSButtonCell value, contents and cell type implementation rewritten

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSButtonCell value, contents and cell type implementation rewritten
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:06:19 +0200

Quentin Mathé wrote:

Well, here is the NSButtonCell.m patch but without the new methods disposition in order to ease the comparison between the previous NSButtonCell.m version and this new version…

Hi Quentin,

most of this patch looks nice to me. At one place you did remove the braces of an if statement and I don't see any reason for that. The GNUstep coding style expects them to be there. This is not allways the case in your actual code, but removing them is surely not right.

The only question I have with this patch is, if it would not be simpler to use a call to the setType: method in the class NSCell, instead of the direct setting of _cell.type and just overwrite that method in NSButtonCell to do nothing. This does not work easyly with the current implementation of [NSCell setType:], but if we takle care to convert the type first and than to set attributes it should do. Could you please test if Cocoa does call the method or if everything is done on the same low level as we do it.

But even without changing this your patch has my ok.