Patch: NSApplication -beginModalSessionForWindow:

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Patch: NSApplication -beginModalSessionForWindow:
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:53:30 -0500

Hi all,

Experimenting some more with the runModal... code in NSApplication,
I noticed that OS X does not center the panel in
-beginModalSessionForWindow: if it is already visible.  The attached
patch does this, and documents this change and the related one to
-runModalSession: last week (which also matches OS X behavior).

The major user code visible effect is that panels that were already
on-screen will not be moved to the center when beginning a modal
session.  I wanted to check if anyone is relying on this behavior
before committing..

thanks,
Adrian

<nsapp_modalCentering.patch>