backend configure update

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: backend configure update
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:34:50 -0700

Just to prove I can't do things half-way, I found a little bug in back/configure, and I ended up rewriting the whole thing. So if a few people could test that it still works as well as before, that would be good.

Also, I fixed the art backend to 'fall back' to xlib if all the dependancies are not found. And added a default nfont. So now it should be trivial to make the art backend the default one when we can agree on that.