Re: KVC updates

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: KVC updates
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:43:30 +0000

On 2 Mar 2005, at 13:30, David Ayers wrote:

It seems there a few issues, but I guess some of them or not -base's problem but more GDL2 as this will break compatibility with WO/EOF 4.5

But one problem is a typo I believe:

The "==" test should probably read "!=". PS: maybe you could cache the NSObject implementation pointer?

Thanks ... done that.

Right now I'm looking into another failure in the GDL2 tests wrt -unableToSetNullForKey:/-setNilValueForKey:
But that may have to be "fixed" (read hacked around) in GDL2.

Can we just do something like ...

static BOOL newKVC = NO;
+ (void) initialize
{
  if ([NSObject respondsToSelector: @selector(setValue:forKey:])
    newKVC = YES;
}

and use that to chose how things are done in gdl2?