Crosscompiling gnustep

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Crosscompiling gnustep
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:19:56 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to crosscompile GNUstep on Linux to Windows.

I did:

$ export CC=/home/stevko/Developer/mingw/bin/i586-mingw32-gcc
$ cd core/make
$ ./configure --host=i586-mingw32
--prefix=/home/stevko/Developer/Windows/GNUstep
$ make install
$ cd ../base
$ ./configure --host=i586-mingw32
--prefix=/home/stevko/Developer/Windows/GNUstep

And I got:

checking whether setpgrp takes no argument... configure: error: cannot
check setpgrp when cross compiling

How can I fix that?

Besides that, I expect GNUstep make to want me to run GNUstep.sh later
during compilation. However, what GNUstep.sh I should run? The one I
have just installed? But if that script calls some binary executables,
they will not work on my system.

Thanks for any hints,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi