Re: Problem implementing faults in Objective-C

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: Re: Problem implementing faults in Objective-C
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:47:58 -0400

On Jun 21, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Frederic Stark wrote:

Timothy J. Wood wrote:

[crunch]
The code works correctly under Mac OS X.

I just checked under linux/gcc 3.4 and the code works fine there. Maybe this is a gcc 3.2 specific problem. I'll check gcc 3.4 windows one of those days.

It is a 3.2 specific bug.
This was fixed in 3.4.0 at least for sure with:
2003-09-24  Ziemowit Laski  <address@hidden>

        MERGE OF objc-improvements-branch into MAINLINE.
        See 'gcc/ChangeLog' and 'gcc/testsuite/ChangeLog' for
        the gory details.

mainly:
Fix PR objc/11754
When cascading message together under GNU runtime, GCC was sending the inner message twice,
this patch fixes that.
Also adds a testcase for that case.

And the patch:
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/objc/objc-act.c.diff? r1=1.179.2.4&r2=1.179.2.2