Re: Frameworks on windows.

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Frameworks on windows.
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 05:56:33 +0200

Riccardo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tuesday, June 28, 2005, at 12:04 PM, David Ayers wrote:
>
>> Alex Perez wrote:
>>
>>> David Ayers wrote:
>>>
>> I don't mean to discourage anyone from trying, but I get the feeling
>> that even if a community as large as the entire Darwin/Mac OS X
>> community including Apple Inc. would violently support us, we would
>> still be considered the minority.  As reference, have a look at:
>>
>> http://www.livejournal.com/users/udrepper/7326.html
>

> I don't know who this guy is and I hope I will never have to work with
> him plainly because his statements are stupid and he is not aware of the
> consequences that would arouse if such thinking was more widespread.

http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/libc.html

"The GNU C library was originally written primarily by Roland McGrath
<address@hidden> when he worked for the FSF. In 2001 The GNU C Library
Steering Committee <address@hidden>, was formed and currently consists
of Mark Brown, Paul Eggert, Andreas Jaeger, Jakub Jelinek, Roland
McGrath and Andreas Schwab. Ulrich Drepper is currently the foremost
contributor and has overall responsibility for maintenance and development."

IOW, he is the guy that has to review and approve the patch, unless you
try to go through the Steering Committee.

Cheers,