Windows and GNUstep

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Windows and GNUstep
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 06:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I have a few contacts who are still in the business of selling software for Mac
OS X.  I have spoken to some of them about GNUstep recently and they are
extremely interested.  Mainly the interest stemmed from getting their apps
ported to Windows to take advantage of the increased market size.  There is
generally some interest, although slightly less, in the Linux and FreeBSD
markets as they see those as slightly smaller.

I knew that getting GNUstep on Windows was important, but these conversations
have made me realize that getting GNUstep working on Window is not only
important, but imperative.

Interoperability is also important as most developers who have created thier
GUIs using InterfaceBuilder want as easy a path as possible to make it work on
other environments without recreating the interface files.   The obvious answer
to this is to complete the native nib support for gnustep-gui and for Gorm
itself.

I know some of you are going to go: He's just realizing this *now*??  :)  I've
known it for a while.  My conversations with these people has simply brought it
even more to the forefront.

Thanks, GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.