Re: Release notes

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Release notes
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:39:50 -0400

On Jul 6, 2005, at 4:16 AM, Riccardo wrote:
Part of this criteria would, of course, be which OSes are considered important enough to consistitute a "showstopper" which will require a fix prior to
release.

Ok, I see we agree here.

I would propose to put GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD in the "main OS's" we should never break before a release. Then a second class of OS's where I would put Solaris and OpenBSD where we should try to be as usable as possible but have at least -base working for a release.

I think we should have a some release criteria like this. However, realistically, for the next release, either I'm going to disappoint a bunch of people or the release will have to be pushed out another 3-4 weeks at least (likely as not, I'd be the one trying to fix all these bugs on machines I don't even own).