Re: ANN: Emacs.app 9.0-pre1

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: ANN: Emacs.app 9.0-pre1
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:27:46 -0500

On Nov 8, 2005, at 10:29 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

Oops, I'm sorry, I meant to NOT cc gnustep-dev on that message, but
send a separate one, or look into it myself first.  But now that I've
sent it... the question I wanted to ask is whether there is some way
to recover the old gnustep environment variable settings from a shell
script, or is it necessary to drop into Perl or C and parse the conf
file?

You can source GNUstep.sh :-) ... GNUstep.sh will still be there, and will
remain there and be fully supported (and it is integrated in the new
config system, so it's reading the config from GNUstep.conf for you!).

Hmm, but how do you find GNUstep.sh w/o an env var being set? I guess you need to have at least the GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES var set already as mentioned a couple of weeks ago on the list..

However, I looked at GNUstep.conf on my system and it looks like that is in a form that can just be sourced. So assuming /etc/GNUstep is the location of this file in "most" cases on unix, this is a partial solution..