Subversion problems on windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Subversion problems on windows
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:41:43 +0000

Now that I've finally got svn+ssh working for me on windows, I've come across another problem.

Subversion seems to be screwing up line terminators ... something the documentation (as I read it) says it doesn't do!

Specifically it seems to be changing LF to CRLF everywhere though the documentation says you have to specifically request this behavior in your config file (I checked the config file and it doesn't have any setting for that).

Mostly this is just a bit annoying (you get a '^M' showing at the end of each line when editing source code in vi), but it screws up data files so they don't work. Any idea how to fix this?