Re: Removing all remaining distinction between shared, debug, profile an

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Removing all remaining distinction between shared, debug, profile and static libs/executables
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:07:54 -0400

On Sep 7, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Helge Hess wrote:

On Sep 7, 2006, at 19:11, Adrian Robert wrote:
This is probably best for simplification as you say but it will impose a cost to switching back and forth between, e.g., profiled and non-profiled versions.

Do you actually use profiling with gprof? I've always used KCachegrind in the last few years instead. So IMHO its superflous anyway.

Actually, no. My main encounter with switching was between debug+no optimization and non-debug+optimization. But the profiling case sounded like a more legitimate example. :-}

Anyway I don't have a strong preference, just wanted to raise the possible issue.