Re: GNUstep Makes Fast Scientific Code, Faster Than Cocoa.

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: GNUstep Makes Fast Scientific Code, Faster Than Cocoa.
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 01:22:04 +0100

Hi Helge and Gregory,

I use (spend about 12 hours compiling GCC) and compiled GNUstep with that, so I'm guessing it's linking to GNU.

By comparing the output of the Cocoa with GNUstep binary you should also be able to tell why GNUstep performs better in your specific case.

This would be interesting, I'll have a look.

It would be really nice to do some concrete tests to get some real numbers on this.

Yeah, what do you propose? Making sure that nothing is running in MacOS's background that could make the number different, do mulitiple runs... that kind of thing? Or are you thinking of 'bench-marking software'?

It is very easy for me to make the calculations longer (several mins.) when I get time I will do a longer run to see if Cocoa can catch up.

Dan.