Re: XPM support for NSImage

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: XPM support for NSImage
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 00:47:53 +0100

Hubert Chan schrieb:

> Is there any interest in including my XPM NSImage support into GNUstep
> GUI?  If so, I will sign the copyright form, and rework it as a patch
> against GNUstep GUI, rather than as a standalone class.  If not, I'll
> probably get it into Etoile.

I would love to see support for XPM images and also many other format,
but not directly in gui. We rather should have it as an image filter
service. Of course somebody will have to write supporting code for that
as well, but it seems like the better solution. And it should not be to
hard doing this via the code already in NSPasteboard. But I don't have
an idea on the tasks involved in writing the filter service.

Richard, could you please set up an example of such a filter service?

Cheers