Fwd: problems compiling NSAnimation.m

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Fwd: problems compiling NSAnimation.m
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:44:54 +0200

Sorry, forgot to put the mailing list in Cc:

Thanks

Is there a flag we can pass to ask GCC to refuse c99-isms ? There must be one.

-std=c89 or -std=gnu89 depending on whether we want to permit GNU C extensions.

Nicola answered:

Actually, they seem to work -- the problem is that -std=gnu89 is already the standard, but was changed in GCC 3.0 to allow declarations of variables in the middle of code (which are, in this context, a 'GNU extension' borrowed
from c99).

I think what we want is

-Wdeclaration-after-statement

The problems are:

* not sure if that flag is available with GCC 2.95 -- need to check what happens if you use it with GCC 2.95

 * it generates a warning, not an error

Anyway, I'll add that flag to the core libs.

Thanks