Re: GCC 4.1 on mingw platform

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: GCC 4.1 on mingw platform
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:22:57 +1000

Hi

I used the libobjc that is distributed with GNUstep instead of the one used with gcc. I'm guessing that the gcc folks have not configured their makefiles to accept a shared libobjc version on mingw, possibly an outcome of the autoconf/automake usage which deliberately suppresses building shared libraries on windows unless the package maintainer enables it (in which case they need to supply a .def file). Having used this combination before, --enable-objc=shared is probably ignored.

Perhaps if we copied it out and wrote a GNUmakefile for it? That might work; it appears to be the approach with the GNUstep version of libobjc (although it has some extra patches against it AFAIK).

Regards
Chris