Re: KeyValueCoding compatibility issues

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: KeyValueCoding compatibility issues
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:08:41 +0000

On 2007-11-30 06:39:42 +0000 David Ayers <address@hidden> wrote:

David Ayers schrieb:
But even if the define is set, I'm unsure that the runtime checks will lead to the expected results. Just because the method in NSObject isn't
overriden by a subclass doesn't necessarily mean it expects the new
behavior. Most EO (and other KVC traversal) classes I deal with do not
override the KVC primatives.

So I understand the intention but I don't think we are reaching the result.

You may be right (I can't claim to be sure what happens in all cases)... but I think this code is an improvement over the previous version (which also tried to be backward compatible, but missed the cases added by Marcus of course). My impression is that mostly the new KVC behavior is compatible with the old behavior anyway, so what needs looking at are any cases where it isn't.

Ideally we would update other frameworks to work with the newer API, but where things haven't been updated, we want to maximisae backward compatibility, and this is an improvement to that.