Building GNUstep

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Building GNUstep
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 17:56:00 +0100

Hi Everyone,

I now have clang at the point where it can almost build GNUstep Additions (two l-value cast expressions in GSXML.m don't yet work, everything else does), however when I do:

./configure CC=ccc
gmake CC=ccc

It does not pass -lobjc to the linker. Adding LDFLAGS += lobjc to the linker fixes this, but it's obviously not the correct way of doing it. Can anyone tell me the correct way?

It is also necessary to add -link-as-library to the LDFLAGS, to enable generation of a library, rather than an executable, and apparently configure doesn't spot this.