Re: Handling of newline is cell labels

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Handling of newline is cell labels
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 19:31:05 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:

Now what should an NSTextField cell do with that? Currently we make a
two line display, although the second line is empty. This looks horrible
and is different from what Cocoa does. We could just ignore this
newline, as long as there isn't anything on the next line. Would this be
OK? And even more interesting, is there a nice way to integrate this
with our normal typesetting?

Why not implement the real Mac OS X behavior, which AFAICT is to show
just the first lines that fit into NSTextField cell's visible frame and
clip all further lines regardless of whether they are empty or not?

Wolfgang