Start GSServicesManager lazily

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Start GSServicesManager lazily
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 11:34:47 +0200

Hello all,

looking at bug <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?26414> and at the sources of GSServicesManager I see the services manager started even if there's no menu enabling the user to take benefit of services. The services menu is revalidated via -[GSServicesManager updateServicesManager] at about every click, every keystroke and every mouse movement (button down). At the first glance, this situation appears to be a waste of resources.

Intuitively I think it would be a better idea to start GSServicesManager when a services menu appears, only. The two checkpoints would be the appearance of the main menu from the .gorm and when a menu item is added to the main menu.

Any objections or additional topics about such a change?

Regards,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/