Re: windowWillResize delegate not invoked (bug #24093)

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: windowWillResize delegate not invoked (bug #24093)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 16:13:29 +0100

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 06:04:26PM +0200, Wolfgang Lux wrote:

> Explicit calls to the delegate should never be necessary for methods  like
> windowWillResize:. Instead, the window automatically should register its
> delegate to receive the corresponding notifications.

  Except the windowWillResize delegated method seems to have the wrong prototype
to be sent via the notifier.  It has the prototype:
  - (NSSize) windowWillResize:(NSWindow *) sender toSize:(NSSize) frameSize
whereas the notifier invoked delegates have the prototype:
  - (void) windowDidResize:(NSNotification *) notif
also the spec makes no mention of a NSWindowWillResizeNotification definition.

  To me this all rather suggests the delegate should be invoked directly.

  I note there is one reference to NSWindowWillResizeNotification within the
gnustep-gui source in Source/NSComboBoxCell.m :

- (void) runModalPopUpWithComboBoxCell: (NSComboBoxCell *)comboBoxCell
{
  // FIX ME: The notification below doesn't exist currently
  // [nc addObserver: self selector: @selector(onWindowEdited:)
  //   name: NSWindowWillResizeNotification object: onWindow];

which suggests that may also be a bug?

DF