Re: Live Splitview patch

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Live Splitview patch
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:50:26 +0200

Hi,
> I actually wrote the feature on a netbook...
> Personally I think it's the _right_ way -- the xor splitview is imho
> just a hack (and OSX is of course using live resizing). Now, doing
> live resize may expose some slowness in -gui, but instead of fighting
> the messenger we should fix it.
> That being said, it's imho fast enough as it is now.

That's fine then. I would add it as a global variable to enable/it disable
it. The same way live window resizing should have.

Even on the mac you can disable several effects (for example with small
tools). This is very useful also for remote display. Under windows, if you
use RDP to access your terminal, depending on the connection, many features
get disabled: shadows under the cursor, funky progressive display menus,
shadows under the menus and so on. All those things have keys in the
registry (which any speed-up software can tweak for you). Our version of the
registry is the defaults system.

Riccardo