Re: Bad Undefines in NSKeyedArchiver and NSKeyedArchiver?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Bad Undefines in NSKeyedArchiver and NSKeyedArchiver?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:19:08 +0100

On 13 Jun 2009, at 07:26, Dave MacLachlan wrote:

Excuse me if this is a silly question, but I just ran into problems compiling these two headers (Foundation/NSKeyedArchiver.h and Foundation/NSArchiver.h) and the fix looks obvious, but it's also obvious that these files have been this way for years.

Thanks ... I fixed that ... though it's clearly harmless normally, as the macro is defined to the same thing twice and the compiler doesn't even warn when a macro is being defined to the same value twice. If you are encountering compiler warnings/errors then I guess you must be redefining GSIArray yourself, which you probably shouldn't be doing. Maybe you want to look into using the new NSPointerArray class instead? Obviously NSPointerArray is new, relatively untested code, but it's MacOS-X/Cocoa compatible.