Re: Cocoa Compatible, is it actually possible?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Cocoa Compatible, is it actually possible?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:38:22 +0200

Le 27 juil. 09 à 02:21, Matt Rice a écrit :

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 2:41 PM, David Chisnall<address@hidden> wrote:

There used to be an automatically-generated list somewhere, but it wasn't
very accurate.  I'm not sure if it still exists.  If you develop with
GNUstep and then port to OS X, things are much more likely to work than the other way around, as long as you don't #import any of the GNUstep extension headers (and, even then, they are often available as categories on OS X).

To give you a rough idea of the completeness of GNUstep, I use the Apple API documentation when I am writing GNUstep code, rather than the GNUstep docs, and haven't come across a missing method that I actually wanted to use for
quite a while.

David

i think maybe you're referring to this thing (and i remember maybe
Quentin Mathe had mentioned maybe hacking on it, maybe he has a better
version)

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2005-05/ msg00018.html

I was really interested by a tool like that but I never got around to working on it.

This has also been mentioned several times on the SoC idea page.
See the first point in General Improvements:
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Summer_Of_Code_2009

Quentin.