Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29912 - in /libs/back/trunk: ChangeLog Source/win32/W

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29912 - in /libs/back/trunk: ChangeLog Source/win32/WIN32Server.m
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:15:21 +0100

Am 12.03.2010 22:29, schrieb Doug Simons:
> Author: dpsimons
> Date: Fri Mar 12 22:29:37 2010
> New Revision: 29912

> Log:
> capture the mouse to get mouse moved events outside of window
>
> Modified:
>     libs/back/trunk/ChangeLog
>     libs/back/trunk/Source/win32/WIN32Server.m

Hi Doug,

are you sure this is what you need to do? Capturing the mouse is a very
dangerous operation, you have to make sure you always get to the release
code as well. And if this code interacts with user code that actually
tries to capture the mouse, we may get into unclear states.

If I understand your comment then this is about getting the mouse up
event that follows a mouse down on a GNUstep window. When the mouse
moves out of the window this event wont get send to GNUstep, so we will
think the mouse is still up. Is this the problem you are trying to address?
There must be a difference in the event handling of X11, as we don't
need to capture the mouse there. Perhaps the mouse up event there is
always send to the window where the mouse went down?

Sorry, I am no longer familiar with all that code, it has been ages
since I last dug that deep into the difference of the event model of X11
and Windows.