Re: Application releases...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Application releases...
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 23:30:28 +0200

Hi,

testers and feedbacks are welcome.

I have somehow unofficially taken over GWorkspace and SystemPreferences. They are both in a reasonable state, although tests and possible patches are welcome. I don't even know if SP needs a new release at all.

What concerns me is ProjectCenter. The release is sorely needed since, the last release was 0.5.0. I have no t really big problems with the current 0.6.0 so I'd release it except for a problem with filesaving and Undo which needs a better test. The planned features of 0.6.0 should be posponed to 0.6.1. (as I wrote more than a month ago!)

I have no special complaints about Gorm that are not in the bugtracker, so give a bit of fixes I think it is releasable too.

I don't know if Richard plans a Thematic release, but the fact is that the last tame I worked on didn't work and I needed to tweak it manually, so maybe it is not ready.

I have PRICE essentially ready, the fixes in Gorm allowed me to port all the new stuff from Mac to GNUstep. It needs testing however, since most of the controllers saw updating and I could have broken things. This will be the 1.0 release!

Several applications in GAP need some "minor adjustments" too but are almost ready.

Riccardo

Gregory Casamento wrote:
All,

Since we just did a major release of core it seems like a good idea to
me to release all of our major applications within the next week so
that packagers will have a decent set of applications to bundle with
the current release.

I'm planning on doing a Gorm release by the end of the week (Saturday
or Sunday).

I'd like to know what the release readiness of each of the major
applications is at the moment.

GC