Re: Application releases...

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Application releases...
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:36:53 +0100

All,

Since we just did a major release of core

Was there an announcement of the actual release somewhere? I am only aware about the discussion relating to an *upcoming* release.

I made an announcement on the info-gnustep list. It's also on the GNUstep wiki.

It may be worth posting the announcement to discuss-gnustep too ? :-)

I wasn't subscribed to info-gnustep myself and was confused myself about whether we had released the core libraries or not. ;-)

Just a suggestion - I think a reasonable policy would be to have announcements posted to both discuss-gnustep and info-gnustep; discuss-gnustep is then for people who want to receive everything (announcements, discussions, chats, etc), while info-gnustep is for people
who want to receive only the official announcements (lower traffic). :-)

I just can't imagine why someone would want to receive all the discuss- gnustep posts discussing details and situations that may or may not affect them, and *not* receive the official announcements of new releases, which affect everyone. ;-)

But, it is only a suggestion. Otherwise, I guess I need to subscribe to info-gnustep. :-)

Thanks