Re: Further problems trying to build GNUstep with blocks/properties supp

From: Thomas Davie
Subject: Re: Further problems trying to build GNUstep with blocks/properties support
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:59:28 +0100

On 21 Jun 2010, at 14:43, David Chisnall wrote:

I'm really not sure where I need to go from here.  Exactly which libraries should I be building in what order to get this all to work nicely?

If you want new features, you should be using the trunk version of everything.  Mixing random versions of stuff may or may not work - in your case, it seems option 2...

Thanks a lot for your advice David,

So, my build sequence should look something like:
sudo rm -rf /usr/GNUstep/
export CC=gcc
svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/tools/make/trunk/ gnustep-make
cd gnustep-make
./configure --prefix=/usr/GNUstep --with-layout=gnustep --with-config-file=/usr/GNUstep/Local/Configuration/GNUstep.conf
make
sudo make install
cd ..
. /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/base/trunk gnustep-base
cd gnustep-base
./configure --enable-libffi --with-default-config=/usr/GNUstep/Local/Configuration/GNUstep.conf
make
sudo su -
. /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
cd /home/tatd2/Documents/gnustep-base
make install
sudo vim /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/config.make
# Edit CC etc to use clang
cd ../My\ Project
make

And I should end up with a system that can build objective-C 2.0 projects and my code build?

Is this correct?

Thanks

Tom Davie