RE: GNUstep + libicu on Windows

From: Jose Mondefo
Subject: RE: GNUstep + libicu on Windows
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:57:48 -0300

Hi Stefan and Richard,

I was looking for compiling icu in mingw32 for another project (more precisely for compiling then boost for using in freeling project), and found your patch, and the original patch at openttld. I see that your patch is a kind of improvement over that (more complete), but I see that there are one difference in the mh-mingw I don't understand very well.
More precisely in the opentld patch there are a rename of the SO from dll to lib mention something about not working if --disable-shared, and some extra differences about the stubnames, both of theme not applied in your patch. Could you explain me what this difference represent?

Thanks in advance!