Re: Minimized windows in taskbar in GNOME, KDE,...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Minimized windows in taskbar in GNOME, KDE,...
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:24:24 +0100

On 16.03.2011 07:00, Germán Arias wrote:
I really would like have minimized windows in taskbar in desktops like
GNOME, KDE, etc. But since I don't understand how works gnustep-back, I
tried this in GUI side. Attached a small patch that do this. I don't
know if in this way I am breaking something in back side, but works. I'm
using the Interface style (Windows95) for know when minimize the windows
at taskbar, but I think would be better other var (maybe
GSBackUsesNativeTaskbar, but this is specific for back). What think
about this?

I think that the first part of your change isn't needed. You could as well set the user default GSAppOwnsMiniwindow to NO and would get the same result. That way you wouldn't mix app window handling and interface style which I see as independent. And the second part looks just wrong, how will X know that the window is going to miniaturized if we don't tell it? This may work when using the window decoration, but if you are trying to miniaturize a window from code this should just fail.

Sorry for sounding so negative,