OpenBSD: Services problems

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: OpenBSD: Services problems
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 01:32:38 +0200

Hi,

as I wrote some days ago, when testing OpenBSD/sparc with gcc 2.95 I had mainly problems with services, Sebastian had similar poblems he didn't report again though.

I can reproduce these on OpenBSD/x86 gcc 4.2.1 end even other platforms.

For example, I have gworkspace and Terminal running. I select a folder and run "Open Terminal here" it used to work not too long ago.

On OpenBSD and FreeBSD I get:

Failed to contact service provider for 'Terminal/Open shell here': -[nil terminalService:userData:error:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance (null)

If I select an URL text and use "Open URL in Vespucci" I get:

Failed to contact service provider for 'Open URL in Vespucci': -[nil openURL:userData:error:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance (null)

That used to work too... I will test other platforms, but surely there seems to be some kind of problem.

Riccardo