QuartzCore and Opal

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: QuartzCore and Opal
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:45:20 +0100

Hi all (especially Greg and Amr),

I've seen that QuartzCore has been added into dev-libs back in mid-December. What's the status on that? How portable is it? That is, is it supposed to be written in a way that does not depend explicitly on AppKit?

I continuously counted on having to write CoreAnimation et al code specifically for UIKit. Is there a plan on how to integrate AppKit with QuartzCore? Does this plan predict not completely depending on AppKit?

I've also tried to compile Opal. I'm running into issues when it tries to include CoreFoundation/CFStream.h which does not ship with corebase. Any tips on that one? I presume Opal does run solely with GNUstep-provided libraries?

Now, primarily asking Amr and Greg: Am I permitted to hack around QuartzCore?
--
Ivan Vučica - address@hidden