Re: Ugly flickering in some views

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Ugly flickering in some views
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:14:14 +0100

Hi,
I would prefer reverting to the old cairo surface code for the upcoming
release. I was having quite a few problems with the new surface code (remember
the color issue with remote display?) so that I turned it of locally anyway.
Maybe we could add an autoconf option to select either the modern or the ximage
based cairo surface at configuration time?
The new cairo surface has fixed a lot of other problems though. I had color problems with endianness before too... I don't know how many of these new little problems we are seeing during this test phase are caused by the surface switch however. It's a mixed decision, the switch was done for a certain number of bugs and speed improvements.

Riccardo