Re: GSHorizontalTypesetter flooding the log

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GSHorizontalTypesetter flooding the log
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:54:50 +0100

On 31.01.2012 09:15, Philippe Roussel wrote:
Le lundi 30 janvier 2012 à 23:43 +0100, Fred Kiefer a écrit :
On 30.01.2012 23:17, Philippe Roussel wrote:
Le lundi 30 janvier 2012 à 22:57 +0100, Philippe Roussel a écrit :
Hi,

Sometimes when I run my probably buggy application the console is
flooded with the following log :

GSHorizontalTypesetter - Glyph generation was triggered for a layout
manager while the text storage it was attached to had unprocessed
editing. This is not allowed. Glyph generation may be triggered only at
points where calls to -beginEditing and -endEditing are balanced.

Nevermind, this probably comes from running code in a thread...

Sorry about the noise.

Not sure whether this sufficiently explain this back trace. In
NSStringDrawing we use (recursive) locks to protect the text layout
objects. If we can get one of the text storages to change its text while
it is actually used for layout, then this is a serious problem that
needs looking into. Even when it only happens with multiple threads.
Is there any example code that allows to reproduce this behaviour?

Not really. I can try to debug this further but it will have to wait,
real work comes first...

Just send me the code, I am willing to debug this myself as this sounds bad enough.