premature version number update in base

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: premature version number update in base
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:11:26 +0000

For the new release of base there is a small binary incompatibility on 64bit
systems (NSNotFound has changed, and now matches Apple behavior), so we need a
new library version.
The new release will be 1.24.0 with a library version of 1.24

Yesterday I updated svn trunk preparatory for release, and shouldn't have done
so until the actual point of release (I've reverted that change) ... so if you
updated base yesterday you'll need to rebuild/relink everything else to work
with the new library version (or update base from trunk again, to get back to
the 1.23 library version).

Sorry for any inconvenience/confusion caused.