Re: GNUstep on OSX

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep on OSX
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 14:48:55 +0100

On 29 May 2013, at 13:21, Ibadinov Marat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Copyright assignment process is over now. I've merged upstream changes and
> created patches.

Great.

> The problem is that Savannah has inadequate limit for patch size:
> “Note: upload size limit is set to 16384 kB, after insertion of the required
> escape characters”

I would say the problem (if any) with Savannah is that it permits far too large
a patcxh size.
Nobody can reasonably review a 16384 KB patch!
If you are producing larger patches than that then something must be wrong.

> So i placed them on github: https://github.com/Ibadinov/gnustep-patches

I tried looking at a few ...

sqlclient.patch ... the patch here is a reasonable size, but seems to just
remove some correct code from one file.

make.patch ... a large patch most of which I can't understand

base.patch ...  github tewlls me it's too big to view

So I'm afraid it looks like something's gone wrong here, and you'll need to
figure out how to produce individual patches which contain only the changes to
actually implement well defined fixes/improvements.