Re: Implementing NSString getBytes

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Implementing NSString getBytes
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:56:48 +0100

On 10 Jun 2013, at 09:37, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

> Given that GSFromUnicode() already does everything you want/need, apart from
> returning the number of characteers converted, it would seem obvious that the
> thing to do is simply tweak it to return that value (which of course it knows
> internally).

In fact, the quewstion is more, how to return that value?
By using an in/out parameter, of by changing the function return value.
I initially suggesrted the former, but thinking about it, I guess the latter
would be better.
We could have a return value equal to the number of unconverted characters
rather than a boolean (so zero would indicate complete converstion).
And for consistency we'd want to do the same thing for GSToUnicode()