Re: CoreBase and GSVersionMacros

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: CoreBase and GSVersionMacros
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 13:45:13 +0200

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 12:34:34 +0100, Ivan Vučica wrote:
Hello,

In a minute or so, I'll be committing a change for the section that
defines OS X version macros in CFBase.h and replacing it with
inclusion GSVersionMacros.h. The comment explicitly says that this
inclusion would break clang and Windows; I've tested with a trunk
version of Clang 3.4, and there seem to be no issues.

The reason for this change is that constants no longer match what's
in Base, and there are some ugly warnings.

Stefan, I'm interested what the bug was?

And, if anyone's CoreBase breaks horribly after this change, here's
what I'm changing:

Truth be told, CoreBase's manipulation with MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED & friends caused me quite some headache. One of these defines caused all methods available starting OS X 10.0 to be unavailable to CoreBase (but I fixed it). I suppose there was some confusion to what these defines do.

--
Luboš Doležel