Re: Insisting on a bug

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Insisting on a bug
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 13:15:12 +0200

In addition to what Greg already wrote, I would like to explain a bit in more detail what goes on here. The code that gets used for XIB loading of NSWindow objects is the class NSWindowTemplate in GSNIBLoading.m. Here we expect that the stored NSWindowRect is the content rect of the window. If this isn't true for Cocoa some adjustments to this code are needed. In your screenshot it looks like all the windows have the same size, but different window decoration. If this is that case then there must be a bug in your code that I am at the moment unable to spot. Perhaps you could provide an example XIB file that shows this problem?

And your proposed patch is most likely wrong, we already deal with window decorations on another level. Please have a look at the method styleoffsets::::: in WIN32Server.m and at its usages in that file and in NSWindow.m. If we didn't make a mistake there, it should already have very similar code to what you suggest.

As for no replaying to your mail, we had a GNUstep developer meeting this week in Cambridge, where many developers attended and the week before I was on holiday. I would have replied to your mail this weekend, now that I am back at my computer. After two weeks away there are quite a few mails to catch up with.

And the official way to report bugs is of course via the bug tracker on Savannah (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/). Feel free to report your bug there, that way it wont get lost.

Fred