NIB loader: custom views don't draw themselves

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: NIB loader: custom views don't draw themselves
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:32:02 +0200

Hi,

I come again ask for help with the NIB loader. I've taken the example
app from [1], recompiled it for 64-bits and started it up under
Darling/GNUstep.

It should look like [2], but it actually looks like what you can find
attached.

The app includes a very simple NSView subclass called MyCustomView. An
instance of this class is properly created, because the two buttons
successfully invoke methods of MyCustomView (checked that).

I've added some debug statements and quickly learned why there is no
green rectangle: Method -drawRect: of MyCustomView is never called. Any
idea why? I think I've seen similar issues in other apps too.

Also, the centered text field becomes right aligned after I click on it.
It doesn't exhibit such behavior under OS X and it doesn't make sense.

Luboš

[1]
http://juliuspaintings.co.uk/cgi-bin/paint_css/animatedPaint/018-NSButton-NSView.pl
[2]