Re: WIN32Server don't display the auto-completion window

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: WIN32Server don't display the auto-completion window
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:22:44 +0100

Thank you for reverting. You are correct that switching the backing style is
only a tiny waste of graphics memory. We could change all windows to
NSBackingStoreRetained, but if we did we wouldn't know whether the other styles
still work and if user code uses a different type, that could fail.

Ignoring the style in the backend is different, it wastes just the same memory,
but does so consistently. The problem here is why this doesn't work for you. I
am sure it used to work for both winlib and cairo. And I really cannot see,
what is causing the problem for you with cairo. Please try to find the issue in
back, the code there already should ignore the backing style, why isn't it?

Fred

On the road