char vs. unsigned char

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: char vs. unsigned char
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 20:11:27 +0100

Hi,

a developer question. I got LuserNET working again! another application almost saved from bitrot :)

I get however a lot of warnings about signedess in char*. In several palces data buffers are specified as unsigned char, while in other places data coming from those buffers is used as char*, including when passing to C functions like atoi().

My simple knowledge would say that usually one can just use char* when treating the content as binary or as string. While signeddess matters when numbers are stored.

I converted many buffers and structs. Everything continues to work as far as I can see.

Could someone comment? check my patch at least by skimming over it?

I wonder why these were declared as unsigned as first.

Riccardo