GNUstep CoreBase and ARC

From: 陈北宗
Subject: GNUstep CoreBase and ARC
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 18:49:36 +0800

I was trying to compile some existing OS X code, in which made heavy use of
Toll-Free bridging between CoreFoundation and Foundation and is written using
ARC. It doesn’t compile on GNUstep at all.

The culprit is that the toll-free bridging code typedef’d Foundation types to
CF types. This is not allowed in ARC.

Is there any workaround possible? Or should we consider rewriting CoreBase into
some more Apple like fashion?