Re: Cursors on MS Windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Cursors on MS Windows
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 22:57:56 +0100

Am 17.03.2015 um 08:21 schrieb Germán Arias:
> Attached the patch to solve the cursors issues on Windows. The backend
> only process the events inside the windows, so we should take cares when
> the mouse leave/enter the window. As far as I can see, this patch solves
> all the problems with the cursor. Let me know if you are agree with
> these changes.

I am really no expert for Windows and I still don't understand why we
need so much extra code there to handle cursors. Your last mail tried to
explain that, so I take it that we need this code. Still there is one
change I would like to suggest: Could you please try to use the method
[NSWindow resetCursorRects] instead of all the complicated code for the
update_cursor case?
You should also think about using the GSAppKitWindowLeave event instead
of the special handling for WM_NCMOUSEMOVE. The idea should be to add
handling for all the relevant MS Windows mouse events to the event
procedure and map them to GNUstep/Cocoa events to be handled at the gui
level.