Re: [proposed patch] GORM and hi-dpi

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [proposed patch] GORM and hi-dpi
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 20:15:15 +0100

I think this patch is wrong and any similar patches for the other panels
wouldn’t help. The method userSpaceScaleFactor was added by Eric six years ago
and it should work automatically without any specific adjustments in the
application code. Could you please explain what is the issue here and how your
patch tries to address it?

Gorm here calls NSWindow initWithContentRect: and this should internally call
frameRectForContentRect:styleMask: on GSWindowDecorationView and this should
make just the adjustments your code is trying to make. The only issue I see
there is that this code is using the scaling of the main screen. This will go
wring if there are multiple screens with different scaling. If this is your
problem we should address it in this class.

Hope this helps,
Fred