Re: Next GNUstep release

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 22:01:53 +0100

Hi!

Fred Kiefer wrote:
I would like to schedule a shared new release for the core GNUstep packages
(make, base, gui, back) around the end of March. We have a lot of excellent new
features and it would be great to bring those out to more distributions and
users. We are a bit later than in previous years still we should leave us
enough time to prepare that release. I hope that it is possible to merge the
Wayland branch before. (And yes, I still didn’t get around to review that.
Sorry) And to give other new features like the multi monitor support a bit more
testing and polishing. But I would suggest that we do not start or merge other
big features during that time. (Smaller changes like the ones Greg is working
in gui on should be fine) Any objections? And most importantly, Ivan will you
have time to cut all these releases? Of course we could move that point around
a week or two if that date fits better.

I think it is fine, although it should be really tested... on different configs. There is a lot "happening" lately. Especially in back things are in flux and had performance or compatibility issues. Of course, promising stuff to..

Also make! I was proposing to merge Niels' patch but i see RFM did it. So now it only needs to be tested more...

Riccardo