gomp-discuss

[Gomp-discuss] Getting Back on Track

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] Getting Back on Track
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:18:08 -0500

Hi, all.

Several events have pointedly reminded me that GCC needs OpenMP. I'd like to see if we can get GOMP moving again. I realize we're all busy, and that none of us has funding for this project; I'm just hoping to make a bit of progress, with the intent of finding, I hope, some support for our work.

From discussions on the main GCC mailing list, it appears that tree-ssa will be merging into GCC mainline soon. This gives us a firm foundation for creating a design document. Before we can code anything, we need a clear idea of how OpenMP fits into GCC's design.

To that end, I will take responsibility for writing a formal design document. I must admit, I can't remember much about the content of our original design discussions, and will appreciate hearing from those who do.

..Scott

--
Scott Robert Ladd