gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] Getting Back on Track

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Getting Back on Track
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:23:33 -0500

Biagio Lucini wrote:
Hi Scott - Your offer is great. I would like to add that the ones of
us who are in Europe could apply for fundings (to sponsor ourselves
or to hire experienced contractors) to the EU within FP6. We should
form for that an official team and write a project. The obvious
question is: apart from me, who else qualify? Accademic or industry
should not matter, provided that we are based in a member or
associated country.

I need to move to Europe. My primary clients are in Britain and Italy at
the moment; heck, I haven't had a check from inside the U.S in over six
months. American companies seem quite happy to export jobs and live in a VB/.Net universe.

As it is, my British client is paying me to do some work for which OpenMP will be very applicable; they are especially interested in Opteron systems for their production machines. So I'd like to get the OpenMP implementation moving before the end of 2004.

..Scott

--
Scott Robert Ladd