gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] Re: [gomp] parse OpenMP directives

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Re: [gomp] parse OpenMP directives
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:27:24 +0200

 On a different note, before we have working parsers in place we can do
nothing, so I think getting working parsers are a good start.
 When we can parse ( and discard the info as far as gcc is conserned ), we can
start bringing the info throught the frontends and into tree's ( se diegos
paper ).

 Most frontends have a scanner and a parser part, so our first is to get the
omp directives recognized in the scanner, when this is done we have to bring it
to the parser and so on .. logical progression.

 My point is, let's get scanners/parsers for FORTRAN/C ( perhaps C++ later )
and were off to a good start.

 i.e. postpone the 'BIG' problems until we must start handling them and code
now.

 / Lars Segerlund.