gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] A suggestion.

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] A suggestion.
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:45:41 +0100

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 11.09, Lars Segerlund wrote:
>  I think it would be preferable if we could put these somewhere publicly
> available ( or atleast the ones that we reference or use ), ( an
> alternative is to put links to them on citeseer ).
>
>  What do you think ?

I would prefere a collection of links, otherwise you have to check the license
every paper is released with. We could host it on our official GCC page. Don't
forget that we have space at Savannah we never use: everything that for some
reason can't go to the GCC page could go there. But if we opt for that, the
first line in the web page should say that those pages are unofficial and
complementary to the official ones.

>  What I'm mostly concerned about is that we have agree on some kind of
> subset or representation of functionality to bring through all the
> interfaces, ( ie. primitives ). These have to be expressive enough to be
> able to handle the semantics of C,C++ and fortran in the 'middle end'. I
> know we have talked a lot about the differences, but  we don't have to hard
> code them if we have a reasonable representation to bring into the backend.

Before moving that direction, I would wait what Scott will come up with.

Cheers
Biagio